71. H. Zhu, S. Zhu, Z. Jia, S. Parvinian, Y. Li, O. Vaaland, L. Hu, T. Li, Anomalous scaling law of strength and toughness of cellulose nanopaper, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS), 112(29), 8971-8976 (2015).
70. Y. Li, H.L. Zhu, S. Zhu, J. Wan, O. Vaaland, S. Lacey, Z. Fang, H. Dai, T. Li, L. Hu, Hybridizing Wood Cellulose and Graphene Oxide Toward High-Performance Fibers, NPG Asia Materials, 7, e150 (2015).
69. S.T. Gill, J.H. Hinnefeld, S. Zhu, W.J. Swanson, T. Li, N. Mason, Mechanical control of graphene on engineered pyramidal strain arrays, ACS Nano, 9, 5799-5806 (2015).
68. Y. Huang, S. Zhu, T. Li, Directional transport of molecular mass on graphene by straining, Extreme Mechanics Letters, 1, 83–89 (2014).
67. Z. Jia, T. Li, Stress-modulated driving force for lithiation reaction in hollow nano-anodes, Journal of Power Sources, 275, 866–876, (2015).
66. J.H. Hinnefeld, S.T. Gill, S. Zhu, W.J. Swanson, T. Li, N. Mason, Reversible electronic and mechanical properties of ripped graphene, Physical Review Applied, 3, 014010, (2015).
65. Z. Wei, Z. Jia, J.C. Athas, C. Wang, S.R. Raghavan, T. Li, Z. Nie, Hybrid Hydrogel Sheets that Undergo Pre-Programmed Shape Transformations, Soft Matter, 10, 8157-8162, (2014).
64. S. Zhu, Y. Huang, N.K. Klimov, D.B. Newell, N.B. Zhitenev, J.A. Stroscio, S.D. Solares, T. Li, Pseudomagnetic Fields in a Locally Strained Graphene Drumhead, Physical Review B., 90, 075426 (2014).
63. S. Zhu, Y. Huang, T. Li, Extremely Compliant and Highly Stretchable Patterned Graphene, Applied Physics Letters, 104, 173103 (2014).
62. A. Smolyanitsky, S. Zhu, Z. Deng, T. Li, R. J. Cannara, Effects of surface compliance and relaxation on the frictional properties of lamellar materials, RSC Advances, 4, 26721-26728, (2014).
61. Y. Huang, S. Zhu, T. Li, Line Defects Guided Molecular Patterning on Graphene, Applied Physics Letters,104, 093102 (2014). Supplemental videos: 1 and 2
60. S. Zhu, T. Li, Hydrogenation-Assisted Graphene Origami and Its Application in Programmable Molecular Mass Uptake, Storage, and Release, ACS Nano, 8 (3), 2864–2872 (2014). DOI: 10.1021/nn500025t Supplemental videos
59. S. Zhu, T. Li, Wrinkling Instability of Graphene on Substrate-supported Nanoparticles, Journal of Applied Mechanics, 81, 061008 (2014).
58. Z. Fang, H. Zhu, Y. Yuan, D. Ha, S. Zhu, C. Preston, Q. Chen, Y. Li, X. Han, S. Lee, G. Chen, T. Li, J.N. Munday, J. Huang, L. Hu, Novel Nanostructured Paper with Ultra-High Transparency and Ultra-High Haze for Solar Cells, Nano Letters, 14 (2), 765–773 (2014).
57. C. Thongyothee, S. Chucheepsakul, T. Li, Nonlocal elasticity theory for free vibration of single-walled carbon nanotubes, Advanced Materials Research, 747, 257-260, (2013).
56. X.G. Han*, Y. Liu*, Z. Jia*, Y.C. Chen, J.Y. Wan, N. Weadock, K.J. Gaskell, T. Li, L.B. Hu, Atomic-Layer-Deposition Oxide Nano-Glue for Sodium Ion Batteries, Nano Letters, 14 (1), 139–147 (2014) (*: co-first authors) Supplemental videos
55. J. Wan*, A.F. Kaplan*, Z. Jia*, X. Han, Y. Chen, N. Weakock, N. Faenza, S. Lacey, T. Li, J. Guo, L. Hu, Two dimensional silicon nanowalls for lithium ion batteries, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, (2013). DOI:10.1039/c3ta13546b (*: co-first authors)
54. H. Zhu*, Z. Jia*, Y. Chen, N. Weadock, J. Wan, O. Vaaland, X. Han, T. Li, L. Hu, Tin anode for sodium-Ion batteries using natural wood fiber as a mechanical buffer and electrolyte reservoir, Nano Letters, 13 (7), 3093–3100 (2013). (*: co-first authors)
53. Z. Jia, T. Li, Necking limit of substrate-supported metal layers under biaxial in-plane loading, International Journal of Plasticity, 51, 65-79 (2013). DOI:10.1016/j.ijplas.2013.06.007
52. C.F. Sun*, K. Karki*, Z. Jia*, H. Liao, Y. Zhang, T. Li, Y. Qi, J. Cumings, G.W. Rubloff, Y.H. Wang. A beaded-string silicon anode. ACS Nano, 7(3), 2717–2724 (2013). (*: co-first authors)
51. Y.J. Huang, T. Li, Molecular mass transportation via carbon nanoscrolls, Journal of Applied Mechanics, 80, 040903 (2013).
50. Z. Deng, N.N. Klimov, S.D. Solares, T. Li, H. Xu, R.J. Cannara, Nanoscale interfacial friction and adhesion on supported versus suspended monolayer and multilayer graphene, Langmuir 29, 235−243 (2013).
49. N.N. Klimov, S. Jung, S. Zhu, T. Li, C.A. Wright, S.D. Solares, D.B. Newell, N.B. Zhitenev, J.A. Stroscio, Electro-mechanical properties of graphene drumheads, Science, 336, 1557 (2012).
48. S. Zhu, T. Li, Hydrogenation enabled scrolling of graphene, Journal of Physics D: Appllied Physics, 46, 075301 (2013)
47. C. Peng, Z. Jia, D. Bianculli, T. Li, J. Lou, In situ electro-mechanical experiments and mechanics modeling of fracture in indium tin oxide-based multilayer electrodes, Advanced Engineering Materials, (2012). DOI: 10.1002/adem.201200169
46. Y.J. Jia, W.P. Zhu, T. Li, B. Liu, Study on the mechanisms and quantitative law of mode I supersonic crack propagation, Journal of Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 60, 1447-1461 (2012).
45. Z. Zhang, Y. Huang, T. Li, Buckling instability of carbon nanoscrolls, Journal of Applied Physics, 112, 063515 (2012).
44. A. Fox, D.R. Hines, T. Li, Probing the adhesion of submicron thin films fabricated on a polymer substrate via nano-transfer printing, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 22, 095002 (2012).
43. K. Karki, E. Epstein, J. Cho, Z. Jia, T. Li, S.T. Picraux, C. Wang, J. Cumings, Lithium-Assisted Electrochemical Welding in Silicon Nanowire Battery Electrodes, Nano Letters, 12, 1392-1397 (2012). DOI:10.1021/nl204063u
42. Z. Jia, C. Peng, J. Lou, T. Li, A map of competing buckling-driven failure modes of substrate-supported thin brittle films, Thin Solid Films, 520, 6576-6580 (2012).
41. O. Graudejus, Z. Jia, T. Li, S. Wagner, Size-dependent rupture strain of elastically stretchable metal conductors, Scripta Materialia, 66, 919-922 (2012).
40. Z. Zhang, T. Li, Ultrafast nano-oscillators based on interlayer-bridged carbon nanoscrolls, Nanoscale Research Letters, 6, 470 (2011). (supplemental video 1, video 2, video 3, video 4)
39. Z. Zhang, T. Li, Determining Graphene Adhesion via Substrate-regulated Morphology of Graphene, Journal of Applied Physics, 110, 083526 (2011).
38. S. Zhu, J. Galginaitis, T. Li, Critical dispersion distance of silicon nanoparticles intercalated between graphene layers, Journal of Nanomaterials, 2012, 375289 (2012).
37. S. Zhang, T. Li, J. Huang, V. Shenoy, Low-dimensional carbon nanomaterials: synthesis, properties, and applications, Journal of Nanomaterials, 2011, 518189 (2011).
36. T. Li, Extrinsic morphology of graphene, Invited review, Modelling and Simulations in Materials Science and Engineering, 19, 054005 (2011).
35. C. Peng, Z. Jia, D. Bianculli, T. Li, J. Lou, In situ electro-mechanical experiments and mechanics modeling of tensilecracking in indium tin oxide thin films on polyimide substrates, Journal of Applied Physics, 109, 103530 (2011).
34. T. Li, Z. Zhang, M. Benoit, Competing failure mechanisms of thin metal films on polymer substrates under tension, Theoretical and Applied Mechanics Letters, 1, 041002 (2011).
33. E. Dechaumphai, Z. Zhang, N. P. Siwak, R. Ghodssi, T. Li, Resonant frequency of gold/polycarbonate hybrid nano resonators fabricated on plastics via nano-transfer printing, Nanoscale Research Letters, 6, 90 (2011).
32. Z. Zhang, T. Li, A molecular mechanics study of morphologic interaction between graphene and Si nanowires on a SiO2 substrate, Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2011, Article ID 374018, (2011). doi:10.1155/2011/374018
31. Z. Zhang, T. Li, Carbon nanotube initiated formation of carbon nanoscrolls, Applied Physics Letters, 97, 081909 (2010). Also selected to be included in Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology, Vol 22, Issue 10 (2010).
30. Z. Jia, M. B. Tucker, T. Li, Failure mechanics of organic-inorganic multilayer permeation barriers in flexible electronics, Composites Sceince and Technology, 71, 365-372 (2011).
29. Z. Zhang, T. Li, Graphene morphology regulated by nanowires patterned in parallel on a substrate surface, Journal of Applied Physics, 107, 103519 (2010). Also selected to be included in Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology, Vol 21, Issue 23 (2010).
28. M. B. Tucker, D. R. Hines, T. Li, A quality map of transfer printing, Journal of Applied Physics, 106, 103504 (2009). Also selected to be included in Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology, Vol 20, Issue 22 (2009).
27. T. Li, Z. Zhang, Substrate-regulated morphology of graphene, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 43, 075303 (2010).
26. T. Li, Z. Zhang, Snap-through instability of graphene on substrates, Nanoscale Research Letters, 5, 169-173 (2010).
25. M. B. Tucker, T. Li, Strain delocalization in thin stiff films patterned with circular holes, International Journal of Applied Mechanics, 1, 557-568 (2009).
24. Z. Zhang, T. Li, Effects of grain boundary adhesion and grain size on ductility of thin metal films on polymer substrates, Scripta Materialia, 59, 862-865, (2008).
23. T. Li, A mechanics model of microtubule buckling in living cells, Journal of Biomechanics, 41, 1722-1729 (2008).
22. T. Li, Suitably patterned thin stiff films as general platforms for flexible electronics, Proceedings of the 57th Electronic Components and Technology Conference, 1230-1234 (2007).
21. T. Li, Buckling of microtubules in living cells modulated by surrounding cytoplasm and filament network, Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings, vol. 1063, OO03-02, (2007).
20. T. Li and Z. Suo, Engineering education in the age of Web 2.0 -- Explorations through iMechanica.org, Proceedings of the ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress, IMECE-2007-43550 (2007).
19. T. Li and Z. Suo, Ductility of thin metal films on polymer substrates modulated by interfacial adhesion, International Journal of Solids and Structures, 44, 1696-1705 (2007).
18. S.P. Lacour, T. Li, D. Chan, S. Wagner, and Z. Suo, Mechanisms of reversible stretchability of thin metal films on elastomeric substrates. Applied Physics Letters, 88, 204103 (2006).
17. T. Li, Z. Suo, Deformability of thin metal films on elastomer substrates. International Journal of Solids and Structures, 43, 2351-2363 (2006).
16. S.P. Lacour, S. Wagner, R.J. Narayan, T. Li and Z. Suo, Stiff subcircuit islands of diamond-like carbon for stretchable electronics. Journal of Applied Physics, 100, 014913 (2006).
15. S. P. Lacour, J. Jones, S. Wagner, T. Li, Z. Suo, Elastomeric interconnects. International Journal of High Speed Electronics and Systems, 16, 397-407 (2006).
14. T. Li, Z. Suo, S.P. Lacour, S. Wagner, Compliant thin film patterns of stiff materials as platforms for stretchable electronics. Journal of Materials Research, 20, 3274-3277 (2005).
13. Y. Xiang, T. Li, Z. Suo, J. Vlassak, High ductility of thin metal film adherent on polymer substrate. Applied Physics Letters, 87, 161910 (2005).
12. T. Li, Z.Y. Huang, Z.C. Xi, S.P. Lacour, S. Wagner, Z. Suo, Delocalizing strain in a thin metal film on a polymer substrate. Mechanics of Materials, 37, 261-273 (2005).
11. C. Tsay, S. P. Lacour, S. Wagner, T. Li, Z. Suo, How stretchable can we make thin metal films? Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings, vol. 875, O5.5 (2005).
10. S. P. Lacour, J. Jones, S. Wagner, T. Li, Z. Suo, Stretchable interconnects for elastic electronic surfaces. Proceedings of the IEEE, 93, 1459-1467 (2005).
9. S. Wagner, S.P. Lacour, J. Jones, P.I. Hsu, J.C. Sturm, T. Li, Z. Suo., Electronic skin: architecture and components. Physica E, 25, 326-334 (2004).
8. T. Li, Z.Y. Huang, Z. Suo, S.P. Lacour, S. Wagner, Stretchability of thin metal films on elastomer substrates. Applied Physics Letters, 85, 3435-3437 (2004).
7. T. Li, W. Yang, Critical linkages of coalescing microcracks under stress loading. Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures 25, 499-508 (2002).
6. T. Li, W. Yang, Expected length of coalescing collinear microcracks under displacement loading. Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics, 36, 17-21 (2001).
5. T. Li, W. Yang, Global scheme of Lunar-Earth information network. Proceeding of the First International Conference on Astronautics and Aeronautics, 477-480 (2000).
4. T. Li, W. Yang, Coalescence of microcracks in brittle materials. Proceeding of Asian Pacific Conference for Fracture and Strength Societies, KR02, (1999).
3. T. Li, W. Yang, LunarNet — An innovative project for Lunar mission. Proceeding of The Eighth International Space Conference of Pacific-basin Societies, 698-701, (1999).
2. S-L. Zhang, T. Li, W. Yang, Statistical strength of brittle materials with strongly interacted collinear microcracks. International Journal of Solids and Structures 35, 995-1008 (1998).
1. W. Yang, S-L. Zhang, T. Li, Strong interaction among randomly distributed microcracks. Invited paper in Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Fracture, 4, 1971-1978 (1997).